TESS OF THE D'URBERVILLES

What can I say about that marbellous novel? It is awesome. It is fantastic and I'm really in love with it.
I don't really know how Thomas Hardy wrote about the Victorian country society so perfect. He describes the country facts perfectly, the harvest, the moral, the differences between being the master or just a maid.
The BBC mini serie is just a piece of heaven, a very well done master piece. And although I don't know the main character of Tess I know Eddy Redmayne from the perfect adaptation of The Earth Pillars.
I have just recently bought "The mayor of Casterbridge" book. It is Thomas's too.
I have written about Thomas Hardy Novels first. "Far from the madding crowd" wencouraged me reading more classic novels. And "Tess the D'urbervilles" was my best choice and I have discovered a big world of country side stories that Thomas Hardy described perfectly.
I have not already seem the Bertolucci's "Tess" film. I hope I will enjoy it. But I have to recognise that a big novel can't fit properly in one hour 20 minutes film. Thats the reason why BBC's mini serie lenght is of 270 minutes. And when you are watching the film is like if you were reading again the book. It suits prefectly.
Just a master piece.

No hay comentarios: